Thursday, August 27, 2015

T-Shirts, and More T-Shirts -- Fall Project #4

I've been sewing T-shirts this week.  It's fun to sew with knits.  Some people might not agree with me.  But, if you are sewing it with a serger, knits are not nightmares at all.



I am not trying to hide my face.  It's hard to take a selfie when you are using a big camera.  I am taking the pictures from a mirror.


I made 2 shirts, a short sleeved and a long sleeved one.  Here are the details for the first one.




And, the second one.


Two different ways to bind the necklines


I added cuffs for the short sleeved one.

I made a tutorial on how to sew the details with serger.  It is the way I used to sew the 2 T-shirts.  Here is the link.  

http://patterntopia.blogspot.com/2015/08/how-to-sew-with-serger.html


The follow are the patterns.  Do not leave sewing seams.  The knits stretch.  If you leave seams, your shirt could turn out too big.





These patterns are for Sizes 4, 8, and 12.  You can expand them to your size by adding to the size L.  For example:  The neckline of this front pattern is dropping 13.9 cm from the top for size 12.  If you are size 14 you can add 0.2, the difference between sizes L(12) and M(8), to increase you neckline.  Let's try another one.  The distance from neckline to the bottom is 34 cm for size L; by adding the difference between L and M (1.5), you will get 35.5 cm for size 14.  To make the whole pattern, you just have to keep adding the differences.  If you are 2 sizes bigger than size 12, you just have to add doubles.





Happy sewing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment